Don't worry, I'm not taking any shots at the carnivores out there -- this time.
In Carol J. Adams book, "The Sexual Politics of Meat," she says family dinners where meat is being consumed might not be the best place or time to aggressively advocate vegetarianism.
I agree. Pick your time and place carefully, especially where friends and family are concerned.
But why not think about starting a new tradition?
Here is the meatless, cruelty-free menu for the Wyatt-Rolfe family:
- Tofurky vegetarian feast pack complete with gravy and "wishstix."
- Mashed Yukon Gold potatoes.
- Green bean casserole
- Sweet potato-cornbread stuffing (from Whole Foods Market)
- Whole Foods Holiday Salad.
- Vegan pumpkin pie -- also courtesy of Whole Foods.
Have a happy and peaceful Tofurky Day.