Sunday, May 1, 2011

Raquel Welch advocates sisterhood over girl-on-girl crime

I found this quote in today's Detroit Free Press and had to share it. 
Raquel Welch, 1972 courtesy of unrealitymag.com


Girl-on-girl crime is a frequent topic on this blog, because I feel it continues to hinder women's progress and success in society, politics and work as well as in their personal lives.

Sadly, it existed in the early women's movement and continues to perpetuate today.

Here, actress Raquel Welch , 71, tells popeater.com about feeling judged by the feminist movement in the early 1970s.  Her remark is valid:


"I guess at that time with the image I had I could understand it, but I didn't love the idea that women love to look down their noses at other women."

She extols the benefits of sisterhood and friendship:

Raquel Welch 2010 courtesy of unrealitymag.com
"I don't know what I would do without my women friends; the world would be a bleak place.  I think we should try and be a little more charitable to each other and try to be a little more understanding. It isn't a cakewalk to be born female, yet it can be so glorious, so entertaining, and so exciting."

No comments:

Post a Comment