Monday, December 13, 2010

Feminist quotebag

"Why don't we talk about the fact, for example, that I just did 'Arthur," and the cinematographer was a woman, the film operator was a women, the whole camera team were women? That's where we should be putting ourattention. The fact that I look good at the age I am is bloody irrelevant."

-- Helen Mirren at the Hollywood Reporter's Women in Entertainment event where she received a leadership award.


"I wanted to lose weight, but I thought I was doing something more important than tending to my vanity. You look at your body totally differently. It created this life and brought it into the world."

-- "Top Chef" host Padma Lakshmi on postpartum weight loss. She also told Redbook magazine she was surprised to find she liked herself at a bigger size (emphasis mine.)






Courtesy of the Detroit Free Press

No comments:

Post a Comment