Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Feminist quote bag

In praise of strong women


"What's the alternative? Being a weak woman? What do you get from that? Nothing. I'm strong because I believe in what I do. When I put my head on the pillow at night, I know I have not hurt anybody. That's my message to people: Don't hurt anybody. Know what you're about. Keep learning. Don't shut down. Don't give in. Don't give up. Don't settle. Find what you like to do and do it."

-- Doris Roberts, actress, "Everybody Loves Raymond"
Courtesy of USA Weekend


In support of family

"It wasn't like a group consensus thing with my family ... We kind of all came to the natural conclusion that we didn't want to be part of a religion that didn't support him, so we just kind of left.

-- Anne Hathaway, actress, talking about her family leaving the Catholic church after her older brother came out as gay.
Courtesy of the Detroit Free Press


No comments:

Post a Comment