Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Feminist Quote Bag

From More magazine

Eve Ensler
"You build an army of women ... They'll say, 'Uh-huh, we're not taking this any longer,' and put an end to this rape problem fast."  -- Eve Ensler (The Vagina Monologues) on the opening of a new leadership-training compound she spearheaded for Congolese women.

Stevie Nicks
"Onstage, I can't look like a 63-year-old grandma.  I have to keep my hair beautiful and my body pretty cool.  I have to wear something youthful but not age inappropriate, and I can stay young as long as I want to." -- Stevie Nicks, rock star and former member of Fleetwood Mac who just completed a 17-city tour with Rod Stewart and released a new solo album "In Your Dreams."

Patty Davis
"We bear witness to ourselves in mirrors.  They could be in our bathrooms, where we stand exposed or in gyms and department store changing rooms.  Whether we're clothed or not, the vulnerability is always there -- as is the awareness that there is also, deep within us, an internal mirror.  We are never completely finished with who we once were, and we meet that person every time we
stare at our own reflection."  --- Patty Davis,  (daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan) talking about changing body image and awareness at age 58.

No comments:

Post a Comment