Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ahhhh, September

Fall is my favorite season.

Cooler weather, color, pumpkins, apples, cider, doughnuts, Halloween, new TV, and back to school.

I love it all.

It's also a great time to set new goals.

My first goal of the season is to complete my last semester at Oakland University. Provided that I pass my final 12 credits, I will graduate in December.

I will also be reaching out into the universe for writing opportunities by preparing my resume, electronic portfolio, and social networking.

Of course, I want to keep reading, writing and blogging.

I want to bring back some neglected blog features such as News Flashes and Cherie's Kitchen.

There's another goal -- keeping up with current events and news. My new gig at WXOU 88.3 FM -- the voice of Oakland University -- Fridays at 2:00 EST will inspire me to do that.

Here are some of my favorite sources for news that span four different media:

>The Detroit Free Press - a tradition in my family for 100 years.

>WDET 101.9 FM - Detroit's National Public Radio affiliate.

>Yahoo news - entering your zip code under the "local" tab will bring up headlines from all local papers, TV, and radio stations.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment