Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shallow or deep?

"I've sung a song that a woman has written from a man's perspective -- Kate Bush wrote "This Woman's Work" -- but I've never thought what I would want to say for a woman. But it's one of those things. It's like childbirth. A man will never know. We'll never understand what it takes for a woman to go through all that they go through. I can't say that I know what I would need to say for a woman, but I know that I've learned from women, and I've learned what not to say: "Baby you look good in them jeans. They don't make you look fat at all." Things like that."

Soul singer Maxwell in response to a Time magazine reader's question, "If you were to write a song for a woman to sing, what message would you want her to convey?"

No comments:

Post a Comment